Friday, April 1, 2011

A year ago today, I didn't take my Sunday pill. The next day, I didn't take my Monday pill. Or Tuesday. I hadn't gotten my prescription re-filled because we decided to start trying for a baby. Honestly, we were thinking of waiting another month, but we didn't. We were too impatient. We had been planning out Baby since the previous Thanksgiving. Seventeen days later (I'm pretty sure), Eliot was conceived. And now he is chewing on his hand, making all kinds of cute faces and noises. I couldn't be more thankful for such a sweet boy. I'm excited to go through it all over again in a couple of years or so. I wonder all the time if Eliot will have a brother or sister, if they will look similar, and how they will interact. But for now I'll concentrate on my little boy as an only child. :) He has so much to teach me.

Night five in a row of scattered sleep. If it is a growth spurt, hopefully it will be ending soon. His three month clothes sure are getting tighter. It feels like he just got into them! My mom got him some 6-9 month outfits for Easter. I wouldn't be surprised if they fit by then.

I really wish I had some "mom" friends here. Not just for me, but for Eliot as he grows older. I'm not feeling so social these days. I'm not sure if that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment