Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eliot-baby just keeps on growing! I couldn't believe that he was 11.2 pounds according to our scale when I weighed him the other day. As he keeps on growing, it is time for round two of clothes shopping. When you have a baby, everyone is excited to give you newborn and 0-3 month outfits. Everything onward seems mostly forgotten--and I understand. Who knows how fast they will grow? I could assume Eliot would be in summer-y clothes at six months, but there is no way to know. From the looks of it, I think he is slightly ahead with clothes (though my mom said we were a little "ahead" too, so maybe he's just right on track).

Anyway, he was out of the newborn onesies after four weeks. Now at seven weeks, his 0-3 Gerber sleepers look very uncomfortable. Gerber seems to run a little small, but his Carter's and Target sleepers are fitting just perfect, which means he only has about a week or so left before they also begin to look ridiculous.

Sooo, clothes shopping it is! Diapers.com has their Carter's clothes at half off. I'm trying not to go overboard because I know he'll grow fast. And if I like something, I can wait until he fits into 6 month clothes too--he doesn't have to have it ALL in 3 month clothes.

Also, Eliot is about ready to step up to the next diaper size! Wow! I wanted to try cloth diapering and was looking at GroVia, but in the end decided to go with a more environmentally-friendly disposable. We order Nature Babycare diapers in bulk from Diapers.com. They're just a few cents more, yet are made with corn instead of plastic and claim to be 80% biodegradable. Whether or not they meet these promises, I don't know, but I'm trying. And they're Swedish, like me!

Eliot in his cute "natural" diaper


While on my Diapers.com rampage, I did order one medium-sized Gdiaper to use as a diaper cover because Eliot loves being naked. I figure he'll spend a lot of time outside this summer just in that diaper cover. At least it will make six month clothes shopping easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment