Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today was the total opposite of yesterday....

I spent all day yesterday in bed. Eliot and I snuggled and talked and stared at each other while I tried to pump whenever I felt like I physically could. I got three ounces. I ate a lunch of oatmeal and pita chips with hummus around 1:30 pm. I showered around 3:00 pm, I think. It was a lazy day, and I really think I needed it following my 10-hour work day on Monday. Did I mention that on Monday night I fell asleep when Chris started watching a movie and thought he turned it off? Turns out that he watched the whole and part of a documentary and I didn't even notice because I was sooo passed out. Haha!

Last night, Chris and I planned to have sandwiches, rice with broccoli, and grapes for dinner. We're a team in the kitchen, so it started getting difficult carrying Eliot around while prepping. We decided to lay him down for a little while since it really wouldn't take long to finish putting dinner together. He wasn't having it. He cried and cried, but he has to some time, right? Well, he didn't forgive us the whole night and seemed so upset. He finally fell asleep about 9:00 pm, but was up fussing a lot throughout the night. I eventually put him in bed with us and he fell right to sleep. Eliot really does not fuss often for no reason. He is so easy to please, so I must have really made him mad.

Today was a new day, though. A fresh start. Eliot woke up around 8:00 am ready for the day. I managed a breakfast of oatmeal and grapes--I read that some people think oatmeal increases milk supply, so I figured it is worth a shot. I showered around 11:30 am. Around 12:15 pm, we were out the door to go meet Chris for lunch. I love seeing Chris in the middle of the day. It gives me something to look forward to and really helps me feel like I "got out" instead of sitting around alone. We ate at Five Guys and headed to Target for a few things and to finish up Eliot's clothes shopping. We also wanted to get him a bumbo. They only had a purple and pink bumbo, so I ordered one online instead. However, I got the rest of his clothes: a two-pack of sleepers, some white onesies, and a pair of pants. He should be set, I think. As nice as it is to have his clothes, I don't like not needing more. I love picking out his clothes more than my own.

Chris ran into Starbucks for us and then I took him back to work. We did all that in an hour! Eliot was so sweet the whole time until we got closer to home and he was just ready to eat. Now he is sitting on my lap rather content. Chris will be home in an hour and a half. I think I'll try to pump soon and then do some dishes if Eliot will let me. And then feed him again. And change his diaper again. :) I love hanging out with this little guy. I love taking care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment