Monday, March 21, 2011

My legs hurt "like they do sometimes." That's the description I've been giving for fourteen years. Ever since I was at least ten, my legs will occasionally ache horribly. Nothing makes it better and I just say that they hurt "like they do sometimes" and everyone in my family knows what I'm referring to. I'm a medical mystery. I've been to multiple doctors, had x rays, and so on. No one knows why, but it seems to go with the weather--and it rained yesterday. At the same time, it seems to be a muscle issue. I don't know. But they hurt horribly today, so I'm staying home from work.

We had a really awesome weekend in Chesapeake. Eliot finally met three of my friends (Truly, Kimmy, and Sara). We took him to the beach. We hung out with family. And then we came home to a night of Chris finishing up his grading.

Sometimes you take a photo and you know it will be a family classic. You know that you and others will look back on it years and years later fondly. "Remember the first time we took him to the beach?" That is going to be wrapped up in this photo. And I've taken a lot of photos that I have been proud of over the years--ones that are better than this--but for some reason the fact that there are now three of us instead of two seems to make a big difference. Everything was special before, but now it is more special, more important. I guess with Eliot I feel like I'm building family history. I guess I feel like I'm laying the ground work for later Robinsons. Like one day Eliot will point to this picture when he is older and tell his kids, "That is me and my dad." And I hope he is filled with a sense of love, appreciation, and nostaglia because that Chris is the proudest, most loving dad that I could have ever imagined for my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment