Saturday, March 12, 2011

We took Eliot to Panther Falls today. The weather was finally a bit warm and since Eliot is almost two months old (two more days!), we figured it was time to take him off road, find the secret parking lot, and enjoy the water fall. He slept through the entire thing and finally woke up as we were hiking back, but fell back asleep in the car again. Haha! Of course, I didn't expect him to appreciate the trip or even realize what was going on, but I love sharing moments like these with him and Christopher. We're laying the foundation of the childhood of an adventurer. :D

The water was so high! Panther Falls is in between Amherst and Lexington. A couple of days ago, Amherst public schools had a two hour delay due to rain. I can't believe we used to sit in that waterfall. I know it doesn't look that big in the photos because it is so wide, but, man, it is probably fifteen feet tall. Or something. I don't know. People jump from the top rocks into the pool and let's just say that it is so high that I will never be brave enough to take the plunge.

Christopher and Eliot totally match. He always tries to get me to match with him. Now he can force Eliot to match with him and Eliot kind of has no say in it. Haha!





More photos

I'm trying to figure out sleep. Eliot sleeps in a bed-side bassinet that attaches to our bed. However, the way I have to get him out in the night is kind of weird and awkward. I tell Chris that it is like taking an eleven pound turkey out of the oven over and over. When do you move a baby into his own crib? I mean, he is eight weeks old, but I feel like we should wait until he is sleeping more consistently for convenience. Maybe if he were only waking up once? Although, he has been doing a good job of just getting up two, maybe three, times a night. And some people co-sleep foreverrr, it seems. Meh. I don't think I'd get more sleep if he were in his bedroom. I'm sure I'd listen to the monitor all perky-eared and not sleep hardly at all. Plus, going into the nursery to feed and change him will obviously be more tedious. I guess I'll just wait until he is closer to sleeping through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment