Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sometimes I wonder if God prepares your heart for what is coming without you realizing it. Or maybe you feel something important stirring, but aren't brave enough to take the plunge, so to say, and He more or less makes it so you have to. Such has been the situation at work.

I quit my grad assistant job today in the School of Ed. I'm still working from home as an English professor.

Work has been such a struggle--and I don't mean just emotionally. I've gone on and on about my pumping challenges. And a 10-hour day is quite draining when going off of little sleep. Now there are HR conflicts with paperwork. My department wants to keep me, but I guess HR is saying part-time won't be an option beyond May. I personally can't do full-time. I just can't and Chris doesn't want me to. So, I was just working for a scholarship. For one class. So why keep on all stressed out every week if I won't be able to stay anyway?

The good news is that I will be paying for a lot less credits than I thought. One class in the summer, the comprehensive exams are free, and then one class per semester for dissertation research. Before I was under the impression that it was double, so it really is not much money at all.

This means I'm officially a work at home mom. No more office time. And I'm really relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment